Wednesday, October 8, 2014

All Quiet on the Western Front Character

The character I am going to choose is Katczinsky:

"I am a forty year old man in a seemingly endless war. I must do whatever it is to get back to my family back home. Resources are scarce so we must be able to find food, clothing, and shelter by other means. These kids have not had the experience in life as I have so they will look up to me to guide them through these rough times. I must be a good role model for them and protect them."

Kat is a stern, wise man. He is the oldest of the bunch and therefore has the most experience among them. He is very crafty and always knows where to get an extra bite to eat or some extra blankets for warmth. Kat has proved to be Paul's best friend throughout the book and is someone who is very looked up to by the other members of Paul's company. He puts up a hard front but in the end he is just like everyone else, he has people at home that he cares about and all he wants is an end to the war.

No comments:

Post a Comment